The Treasury Department provides centralized accounting and financial services for the Township. Primary responsibilities include:
- Providing information, reports, analysis and guidance to Council, the public and Township departments
- Accounting and management of the financial assets of the Township
- Levying and collection of taxes on behalf of the municipality, county and school boards
- Preparation of the annual operating and capital budgets
- Processing accounts receivable, accounts payable and payroll
- Guiding the financial strategies of the Township
Every year the Township develops and adopts a budget to guide activities and expenditures and establish the amount of revenue required to fund these. The budget is an important means of determining services and service levels in the community. It provides resources for mandated/regulatory services such as winter maintenance, road repair/reconstruction, fire protection and management of development related activities.
Budgets and Tax Rates
- 2023 Tax Rate By-law
- 2023 Budget Notice
- 2023 Budget Press Release
- 2023 Budget Highlights
- 2023 Draft Budget
- 2022 Budget Notice
- 2022 Budget Press Release
- 2022 Budget Highlights
- 2022 Budget
- 2022 Tax Rate By-law
- 2021 Budget Notice
- 2021 Approved Budget
- 2021 Budget Highlights
- 2021 Budget Press Release
- 2021 Tax Rate By-Law
- Fee By-Law
Audited Financial Statements
The purchasing process is governed by the Township's Procurement By-Law.
The Township of Ashfield-Colborne-Wawanosh is pleased to offer its vendors the option of receiving payment by electronic funds transfer (EFT). Direct deposit is a fast and secure method of receiving payment for goods and services. Vendors interested in switching to direct deposit can complete the EFT Authorization Form.
Payment Methods for General Invoices
Township of Ashfield-Colborne-Wawanosh
82133 Council Line
RR 5, Goderich, ON N7A 3Y2
Telephone or Internet Banking
Set up ‘ASHFIELD COLBORNE WAWANOSH (TWP) GEN’ as a payee. Your account number is your ten digit customer number on your invoice.
You may pay by cheque, cash or debit card in person Monday to Friday, between 8:30 am and 4:00 pm (excluding statutory holidays) at the Municipal Office.
By sending payments to email@example.com. Please include your invoice number and customer number in the optional message field.
After Hours Drop-box
Cheques can be left in the drop-box located at the Municipal Office.
For information of your property taxes please visit: Property Taxes