Curbside waste and recycling collection in Ashfield-Colborne-Wawanosh is contracted to Waste Management. Please see below for collection information.
Household Waste & Recycling
For missed pickups please call: Waste Management 1 (888) 730-3344
Garbage Stickers can be purchased at the following locations:
- Amberley General Store
- Ashfield Landfill
- Auburn Co-op
- Circle K – Lucknow
- Goderich Convenience
- Lucknow Co-op
- Mac’s Convenience – Goderich
- McRobert Fuels
- Municipal Office
- Pioneer Gas Station
- Point Farms Market
- Port Albert General Store
- Victoria Street Shell
Note: The Township of Ashfield-Colborne-Wawanosh does not offer organic waste and composting services.
The Township of Ashfield-Colborne-Wawanosh has one active landfill site. This site is called the Ashfield Landfill, and is located at 36739 Glens Hill Road Dungannon, ON N0M 1R0. The Ashfield Landfill is for use of Ashfield-Colborne-Wawanosh residents only, proof of address may be required.
The Ashfield Landfill hours of operation:
April – November: Mondays & Saturdays 9:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m.December – March: Saturdays 9:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m
- Recycling bins at the landfill have been removed. All household recycling must be disposed of through curbside collection as it will no longer be accepted at the landfill.
- A minimum charge of $10 per load of waste will apply.
- If you wish to open an account at the landfill, please complete the Ashfield Landfill Account Application Form
Trips to the Landfill Site should be for the disposal of items/materials that cannot be managed through the curbside collection services.
The health and safety of the public and staff is the top priority at the Landfill Site. Residents are urged to follow all Public Health recommendations and use the Landfill Site for critical/essential drop-offs only.
- Bag Tags (Household Waste, Standard 26” x 36” bag) - $2.00 each
- Garbage - $100.00 / tonne
- Minimum Charge Per Load of Waste - $10.00
- (5 Household bags of garbage or less) - $ 2.00 / bag
- Automobile Tires up to 16.5 inch (must be off rim) - $0.00 each
- Truck Tires 16.5 inch to 19.5 inch (must be off rim)- $0.00 each
- Commercial Truck Tires 10.00 x 20 to 11.00 x 24.5 (must be off rim) - $0.00 each
- Tractor Tires (must be off rim) - $0.00 each
- After Hour Charge - $50.00 per hour
The Township of Ashfield-Colborne-Wawanosh is taking part in the Ontario Electronic Stewardship Program to divert e-waste from going into the landfill.
We collect for recycling electronic waste from homes. Accepted items include amplifiers, audio and video players, cameras, cell phones, computers and peripherals, copiers, fax machines, monitors, printers, radios, receivers, scanners, speakers, telephones and answering machines, turntables, televisions, video projectors.
For more information please visit http://recycleyourelectronics.ca/
The permanent year-round Huron County Household Hazardous Waste Disposal Depot is located at the Mid-Huron Landfill Site at 37506 Huron Rd, Clinton, ON N0M 1L0.
The operating hours of the Depot are as follows:
Tuesday – Saturday 8:00 a.m. – 12:30 p.m.
The Depot is FREE to ALL Huron County Households. For more information visit Huron County Waste Management