Installation and maintenance of private wells and septic systems are the responsibility of the property owner.


What paperwork do I need to provide?

1. Application Form 

2. Site Plan 

3. Soils Report


What will it cost to obtain a septic permit?


Information, Maintenance, Protection, Testing

  1. Ausable Bayfield Maitland Valley Source Protection Region: check to see if your property is located in a Source Water Protection area by using GIS.
  2. Septic Information Package: how to maintain your septic system, renters guide, FAQ's
  3. Septic System Maintenance Inspection Program: coming soon.
  4. Water Testing: water sample bottles are available to pick up at the Township office. Drop off location is the Huron Perth Public Health Clinic in Clinton. 
Get In Touch