Current Employment Opportunities
Applications close on Friday, February 25, 2022 at 1:00 p.m.
Parks & Rec Attendant
Applications close on Monday, February 28, 2022 at 12:00 p.m.
To be eligible for a student position with the Township of Ashfield-Colborne-Wawanosh, you must be:
- Currently enrolled in full-time post-secondary studies, or plan to attend post-secondary education in the fall of 2022;
- Returning to full-time studies in the fall of 2022;
- Available to work full-time between May and August;
- 16 to 30 years of age, with a valid Ontario Driver’s License (minimum G2).
- A condition of employment is the submission of proof of vaccination against COVID-19.
Office Administration Summer Student
The Corporation of the Township of Ashfield-Colborne-Wawanosh is hiring a summer student to join our administrative team for the spring/summer season. This is a great opportunity to gain valuable experience in a public sector environment.
Under the direction of the Clerk, the Office Administration Summer Student will support various municipal departments on a wide range of administrative functions.
- Customer service / reception duties;
- Corporate records management;
- Accounts receivable and payable duties;
- Assisting with municipal modernization initiatives;
- Other opportunities which align with career goals and interests.
Public Works Summer Students
The Corporation of the Township of Ashfield-Colborne-Wawanosh is hiring two (2) summer students to support our Public Works team during the spring/summer season. This is a great opportunity to gain valuable experience in a public sector while contributing to the community.
Under the direction of the Public Works Superintendent, the Public Works Summer Student(s) will perform various duties in Public Works.
- Grass cutting, trimming;
- Garbage pickup;
- Ground and building maintenance;
- Parks and playground maintenance;
- Other duties as assigned within the Public Works Department
The Township of Ashfield-Colborne-Wawanosh is an equal opportunity employer. Accessibility accommodations are available for all parts of the recruitment process. Applicants need to make their needs known in advance. Only those individuals selected for an interview will be contacted. Information is collected solely for the purpose of job selection under the provisions of the Municipal Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act.