Accepting Citizen Appointments to Economic Development Committee
The Township of Ashfield-Colborne-Wawanosh invites applications for the position of member of the Economic Development Committee (EDC).
Members of the EDC have the opportunity to share their knowledge, networks, experience and unique perspective to animate the Township’s vision of ACW as a diverse, thriving and sustainable economy and rural community.
The Township of Ashfield-Colborne-Wawanosh is inviting interested individuals to submit an application for one of three (3) upcoming positions on the EDC. The position is voluntary. Meetings are tentatively scheduled for the third Monday of January, May, and September at 4:00 pm unless otherwise decided upon by the committee. Meetings will be held in the Council Chambers, Township of Ashfield-Colborne-Wawanosh Administration Building, 82133 Council Line, Goderich, ON.
The Committee will:
- Function as a collective partnership
- Link to opportunities in the regional area
- Positively and constructively offer and build on ideas to act within the boundaries of the Strategic Plan
- Demonstrate willingness to work with local businesses, business groups and associations in the Township and region
Volunteering to sit on a committee is an excellent way for individuals to get involved in their community and really make a difference. People who participate on boards and committees benefit in many ways, including:
- Meeting new people to share ideas and talents.
- Providing input into the strategic direction setting and decision-making of the municipality.
- Supporting local government in adequately addressing issues.
- Having impact and making a meaningful difference in the community.
Interested persons can submit a written application or letter of interest by December 1, 2022 to:
Township of Ashfield-Colborne-Wawanosh
82133 Council Line Goderich, ON N7A 3Y2
Phone: 519.524.4669 ext. 219