The Corporation of the Township of Ashfield-Colborne-Wawanosh is looking to contract an individual or contractor to fulfill relevant aspects of the Animal Control By-Law.
Under the direction of the Clerk, the Dog Catcher / Pound Keeper will support the Township in carrying out the duties under the Animal Control By-Law.
- Receive and respond to public inquiries regarding dogs at large;
- Maintain holding facilities (pound) to house stray, unidentifiable, injured, sick or dead dogs;
- Maintains appropriate equipment to carry out duties including vehicle, and a variety of animal control devices and equipment including leash, muzzle, traps, catch pole, etc;
- Assists the By-Law Enforcement Officer in enforcement of the Animal Control By-Law when required;
- Maintain records of Animal Control incidents and reports to the Clerk monthly on Dog Catcher / Pound Keeper Services;
To be eligible for this with the Township of Ashfield-Colborne-Wawanosh, you must:
- Eligible to obtain / maintain a kennel licence
- Maintain adequate liability insurance
If you are interested, please obtain the ‘Dog Catcher / Pound Keeper Request for Proposal Form’ at https://acwtownship.ca/government/tenders-rfp, or by contacting the undersigned.
Final submissions will be considered if received no later than 12:00 p.m., Tuesday, March 29th, 2022.
ATTN: Florence Witherspoon
Township of Ashfield-Colborne-Wawanosh
82133 Council Line, RR5
Goderich, ON N7A 3Y2