Finding Fairness in Farm Transition
Farm succession is a tough topic, but it is vital. We are excited to welcome Elaine Froese, Canada’s Farm Whisperer, to Huron County for her famous one-day workshop: Finding Fairness in Farm Transition. Through this workshop, Elaine will give attendees tips and pointers for successfully working through the ‘undiscussable.’ Elaine is the go-to expert for farm families who want better communication and conflict resolution to secure a successful farm transition.
Don’t miss this chance to see Canada’s Farm Whisperer in person on Thursday, November 16 from 9:30 am – 4:30 pm. Click here for tickets!
In the Finding Fairness in Farm Transition workshop, you will:
- Identify your key challenges, such as decreasing anxiety over the uncertainty of your future and share them with your farm family.
- Understand what communication style helps you be understood and the style you use.
- Learn new language and questions to help you get clarity of expectations, certainty of timelines and agreements and a commitment to action.
- Be aware of your positive conflict behaviour and how to create solutions for transition plans 3 key issues: income streams, housing, and fairness. Prior to the session, you can complete a Conflict Dynamic Profile.
- Navigate conversations about fairness by having financial transparency and sharing your intentions around the transfer of your wealth.
- Create a timeline for action on all the pieces of the transition: communication plan, estate plan, financial plan, business vision, conflict resolution strategy.
- You will not be given tax advice as Elaine is not an accountant, she’ll help you with more tools for finding harmony in communication and conflict resolution.
- Know which advisors you need to pull in to find out the income stream from the farm and from your personal wealth bubble.
For more information visit: https://www.huroncounty.ca/economic-development/farmsuccession-transitionplanning/